Children’s Ministry at Cornerstone Bible Church
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven” Matthew 19:14, ESV). At Cornerstone, we love introducing children to Jesus and showing them from the Bible how they can know the One who created them and loves them.
Sunday mornings include Sunday School (classes for 3yr old – 5th grade as well as students and adults) and Kid’s Kingdom, an exciting time of worship and teaching from Scripture for children three years old through fourth grade. We also welcome toddlers and babies (2 and under) to our nursery.
Fifth and Sixth Graders are invited to join us for Launchpad in Room 22 every last Sunday of the month! We train these students to prepare for middle school by teaching them how to take notes during Bible lessons and sermons through an engaging review and competitive games.
Children also enjoy a variety of events throughout the year, including Vacation Bible School every summer!
9:15 am – 10:00 am – Sunday School
10:15 am – 11:45 am – Kid’s Kingdom (Ages 3 through 4th grade)
Please note that in response to COVID-19 we have established the following guidelines for our classrooms:
1. Snacks will be individually wrapped/bagged.
2. Social distancing will be exercised with discretion. Teachers will limit excessive touching and will encourage the choice of games accordingly.
3. The 3yr-K class will not have the toy box. If toys are used teachers will wipe them with disinfectant wipes after class.
4. Teachers and helpers will use masks at all times unless teaching or addressing the whole class.
5. Children will be asked not to bring anything extra (toys or anything) to class with them.
6. To avoid lots of touching, sticker-based name tags will be used for children at check-in. The helper will write the child’s number on the sticker name tag and give the parent the corresponding plastic adult tag. Teacher will be encouraged to put the sticker name tags on the child’s back, especially for young children.
7. Handouts will be assorted separately before the class starts rather than in a big pile from which everyone grabs.
8. If a child is upset, the teacher/helper will provide help in a way that is appropriate to help the child in need, including holding and comforting them if necessary.
9. To keep the time of the KK class limited to an appropriate length, the parents will be dismissed with their children near the beginning of the song that precedes the sermon.