What Are Our Core Values?
1. Authority of Scripture:
We recognize the Bible as the inspired inerrant Word of God, the source of spiritual and moral authority and the basis of our teaching and preaching (II Tim. 3:15-17). The Cornerstone Statement of Faith embellishes this core value in many of the important areas.
We resolve to pursue outreach opportunities locally and throughout the world to present the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ – the Gospel (Acts 1:8). This includes building relationships with the unchurched (friendship evangelism), creating opportunities to accept Jesus as Savior in various church activities, as well as monetary, prayer, and other support for missionaries locally and throughout the world. See Item 11 of the Cornerstone Statement of Faith.
We will individually and corporately celebrate our love for God with praise to Him for our salvation and for the blessings involved in our daily life. We will also strive for guidance of the Holy Spirit in our daily walk (Ps. 66:4).
We believe that God is the provider of all we have and that He has entrusted it to us by His grace and we are required to be good stewards by honoring Him from the blessings from Him. This includes time spent in Christian service, taking care of His creation, prayer, and monetary giving (I Cor 4:2).
We recognize that we are to live in harmony with one another creating a family friendly body that is growing in Christ, serving one another as well as the community around us and reflecting His unconditional love to all (Acts 2:43-47).
We acknowledge the priority of prayer as individuals and a corporate body constantly seeking God’s will and the leading of the Holy spirit in everything (Phil 4:6). We strive to create consistent opportunities for prayer in all church activities.
We will reach out to others in sharing Christ and performing acts of service and kindness to hurting people and those who have needs in our community and around the world (Col 3:12). This effort goes well beyond the normal world recognized compassion, with the compassion example being Jesus Christ Himself.
We are committed to truth and transparency in all aspects of our daily life and in our relationships which reflects a genuineness that others can sense and know that they are valued (Ps 119:160, Eph 4:15).
9. Spiritual Gifts:
Our Statement Of Faith & Beliefs
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in essence and having the same attributes, while distinct in personality and function.
(Deuteronomy 6:4,5; Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 11:3)
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (66 books) to be the inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible and complete in the original writings, and the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
(2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. By His gracious working the believer is born again into God’s Kingdom, indwelt, and empowered for holy living and fruitful service. He distributes gifts to build-up and equip the Church for ministry.
(John 3:5; 16:8; Romans 8:9; Acts 1:8, 1 Peter 1:15; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; Ephesians 4:11-12; 5:18)
5. We believe that all human beings are created in God’s image and designed to walk in fellowship with Him. Yet every person is a sinner by nature and by choice thereby incurring both physical and spiritual death.
(Genesis 1:26,27; 3:1-6; Romans 5:12,19; 3:23; 6:23)
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross as the perfect sacrifice for sins, taking our penalty upon Himself. Christ rose from the dead bodily and ascended into heaven where He now reigns as Lord and intercedes for His people.
(Isaiah 53:4-11; 1 Corinthians 15:3-6; Hebrews 10:10,25; Philippians 2:6-11; Romans 8:1)
7. We believe that a Christian is one who acknowledges and turns away from his/her sin, trusts Christ for forgiveness, and by faith receives Jesus as personal Savior and Lord. To know Christ in this way is to become God’s child and have the assurance of eternal life.
(Mark 1:l4,15; John 1:12; 3:16; 1 John 1:9; 5:11,12)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the Christian and the non-Christian, the eternal conscious suffering of the lost in hell, and the eternal blessed fellowship of the saved in heaven.
(I Corinthians 15:50-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9; Hebrews 9:27)
10. We believe that Satan is the primary enemy of God, His work, and His people. Nevertheless the devil is a defeated foe destined for eternal destruction in the lake of fire.
(Colossians 2:15, Hebrews 2:14, 1 Peter 5:8,9; James 4:7; Revelation 20:10)
11. We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, whose mission is to make disciples of all nations, faithfully preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ in order that believers may have life in His name. Through the ministry of the local church God intends that every believer be strengthened in the faith and equipped for works of service.
(Ephesians 1:22,23; 4:11,12,16; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:47)