What if I asked you to tell me about God… where would you even begin? God has revealed Himself and He can be known. What an incredible reality! But setting out to give an adequate description of God would be an overwhelming and I would even stress an impossible task to say everything that there is to say about God within the span of a couple of minutes. I would go so far to say that there is not enough time in the day, or in this lifetime, to say everything that there is to say about God FOR WE SERVE A BIG GOD!
Even though it’s a large undertaking, we must seek to know God. He is the One that you were created by and the One that you were created for. There should be a desire within us to know God in the same way that the Apostle Paul did when he said, “Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” (Philippians 3:8)
When talking about knowing who God is and venturing into a specific study of Him and His character, it is best to narrow down the conversation. We’re going to do on Sunday mornings for the next several months by focusing in on His attributes. My hope would be that you would come to know God to a greater degree but also realize how knowing God has tremendous practical implications for your life.
I hope that you will plan on joining us at services which begin at 10:15 am every Sunday morning. Here is the preaching schedule so that you can get a glimpse of what our focus will be each Sunday within this series.
- September 8 Why Study the Attributes of God?
- September 15 The Self-Existence of God
- September 22 The Unity of God
- September 29 The Omnipresence of God
- October 6 The Omniscience Of God
- October 13 The Omnipotence of God
- October 20 The Immutability of God
- October 27 God’s Holiness
- November 3 God’s Truthfulness
- November 10 God’s Goodness
- November 17 God’s Justice/Righteousness
- November 24 God’s Wrath
- December 1 God’s Mercy & Grace
- December 8 God’s Love
- December 15 God’s Peace